On a more exciting note--or at least I think it is--one of my roommates is quite curious about God. Though both of them would say that they are Christians, they don't really know what they believe or have yet to connect on a deeper, more relational level with our creator. Anyway, the other night I got to talking with them about the doctrine of creation. After Dom left for yoga, Jo and I continued to discuss faith and we ended up having a several hour long conversation about all sorts of things. We decided that we are going to start reading through the book Crazy Love (by Francis Chan) together and talking about the topics that come up from our reading. If you think about it, prayer for Johanna that the Lord reaches her on a deeper level and grants her the faith that she doesn't have but wants desperately, would be wonderful.
From this conversation with Jo, I feel like I have a better idea of why I am here in Costa Rica. I know that God will teach me and has been teaching me a lot about myself and my interaction with the world, but I also believe, now, that he has me here for other people--specifically Jo and Dom.
Anyway, I promise to put pictures up when I get back and I will be keeping you updated on the study too.
Chau!
*The hotel where we are staying for the weekend: http://www.elestablo.com/
A picture of the canopy tour:
Wow Abby, that's so exciting :) Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDelete