Thursday, March 7, 2013

To Build A Home--The Cinematic Orchestra

After 5 days in Chicagoland, I find myself sitting on my bed in Costa Rica wishing for more. Don't get me wrong, I am really excited to spend another month in a still somewhat foreign place learning how to speak Spanish and exploring. But, when it comes down to it, Wheaton holds a unique place in my heart and getting to go back and experience it for a few days brought a rush longing and also a lot of new and wonderful memories. Thank you those of you who made my time special, who agreed to sacrifice precious studying time before finals to, instead, spend time with me. It meant a lot.

As far as the re-assimilation process goes, I still have a ways to go (particularly in the realm of sleep). I landed this morning at around 1:30, had my luggage and went through customs by 2 and was home at around 3.* I set my alarm to get up at 6:30 for my new 4 hour intensive Spanish course but, as fate would have it, I turned my alarm off in my sleep. Dom woke me up 30 minutes before class announcing that breakfast was waiting for me. Somehow, I managed to shower, eat and find my new class on time. Not too long after, my afternoon class came and brought along the joys of test taking. However, I finished with only slight cramping in my hand from the excessive amounts of writing and, then, went back to the house to do homework, which I worked on for 4 hours. Afterwards, I unpacked, cleaned my room, de-spidered my ceiling (with the help of Dom and "Multi-Action Insect Repellent") and have been blogging ever since. All I have to say is that I am really excited to put my head on my pillow tonight.
In fact, it is on days like these that I am exceedingly thankful that I lug my pillow with me wherever I go. Though bulky and slightly inconvenient at times, my pillow and I have a great relationship. It provides a comfortable and familiar night of sleep and, in turn, I take it with me all over the world (my pillow is well-traveled).

Before I decide collapse from exhaustion, I will leave you with a link to a rather amusing video sent to me by Leonard, our friend from the Netherlands. In case you don't know much about the Netherlands, you will after you watch this--and you may laugh a little in the process too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?eature=player_embedded&v=eE_IUPInEuc


Chau!

 
*As a really awesome side note, the man who took me to the airport on Friday, Frank, is a wonderful man and great company. He also picked me up this morning to take me home. On my way to the airport, we got along really well and I learned all about his family, including that they are strong Christians. On the way from the airport, then, this morning, he brought his wife who greeted me so warmly that I almost forgot it was 2 in the morning and that I was exhausted. They were wonderful company on the way back to the house and they even invited me to come to church with their family on Sunday. I am excited to see what it's like.

**The title of this blog is of song that came to mind when I thought about my recent time in Wheaton. It's a good background song.

No comments:

Post a Comment