Hmmm. Where to begin? Well, I have spent the past two weeks catching up with friends and greatly enjoying the many moments I have been blessed to spend with my family.
God has been so good to me—especially in the more exciting (and somewhat difficult) moments. From having my flight cancelled because of the “blizzard” that was supposed to hit Chicago, to getting food poisoning while I was on the plane, *to losing a contact in a fancy jewelry shop and then getting a bloody nose while looking for said contact, God has remained faithful and has, time and time again, proven His great love for me, even if things don’t turn out the way I anticipate.
Highlights of this break were: spending all of Christmas Day in PJs with my family because my mom got sick and playing games, watching movies and eating leftovers from Christmas Eve; going snowshoeing with my family on Mt. Hood (if you’ve never gone snowshoeing, I highly recommend it); and, finally, (after trying twice and having it sold out both times) seeing Skyfall.
And now, with much nervous excitement, I am headed to a new adventure. Tomorrow, I will board a plane for Costa Rica. I don’t really know what to expect, but maybe that’s a good thing. My hope and prayer for these next few months is that God will stretch me in ways that I don’t even know I need stretching. I guess that’s a slightly dangerous prayer, especially as one heads abroad, but it’s mine. He has been faithful in giving me the strength I needed to get through this past semester and I know He will continue to provide because He always does.
For those of you who decide to read this blog, I would like to post a disclaimer. I can’t make any promises as to the quality or frequency of my writing, but I will try to give you a taste, every now and again, of what Costa Rica is like and what it means to me. And, with that, the blog begins….
*I did however find the contact after much prayer. It happened to get stuck behind my eye, but I got it back
No comments:
Post a Comment