Excursion two has arrived!
This weekend, our study abroad program will be going on another excursion. But this time, it will be to Playa Tamarindo--a beach town in the north of Costa Rica on the Pacific side.
Since my roommates and I got fried last time we went to the coast, we have been sure to pack all of the sunscreen we own for this trip. It's hard to find that perfect balance between getting color and frying one's skin, but we are going to try. While there, we intend to lay out on the beach, body surf, read, and go dancing. If we can figure out how to do it inexpensively, we may also attempt to go watch a sea turtle hatching (apparently it's happening early this year and it's a really cool sight to behold).
A random story from last night:
While my host mom and Johanna decided to bond over a scary movie last night, Dominique and I decided to buy popcorn and watch "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". We went up to the convenience store on the corner and picked out our prizes--Dominique with popcorn and coffee and me with ice cream and popcorn. When we got up to the counter to pay, the coffee Dominique had purchased ended up being much more expensive than she though it would be (she had accidentally used the cups for the more expensive coffee machine, even though she had selected the cheaper coffee). Using a mix of English, Spanish and Spanglish, she conveyed to the store clerk that she would be right back with more money. After paying for her expensive coffee, I popped the popcorn and we headed back to the house. On our way, Dominique was venting about how she had been way overcharged for her coffee and how she had better enjoy every sip. Around this time, I lost my balance, as I was wearing a new pair of shoes that had rather slippery soles. As I began to slide down the hill, my hands flew up in a gesture of trying to catch myself and happened to also catch Dominique's coffee in the process. Soon thereafter, we were both covered in coffee--expensive coffee, mind you. As Dominique wiped her dripping face and I dried my soaked hand we both started to laugh. It wasn't one of those nervous, I hope everything will be okay laughs, but the kind that come from deep in your stomach and leave a smile on your face afterwards. It was a good night.
I think that's all I have to say about that for now. I will keep you updated with pictures from the trip when we get back. Oh, and here is a link to pictures of the resort we are staying at, as well as the beach: http://www.tamarindodiria.com/photos/gallery.php?album=resort&from=/en/costa-rica-beach-golf-resort/#/2.
Chau!
Haha Abby, this made me laugh a lot. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you're having fun :)
ReplyDelete